Maine Municipal Association is committed to providing participants in our Workers’ Compensation Fund and/or Property & Casualty Pool the highest quality educational experience.
For more information or to become a local administrator, please contact us at, 1‐800‐590‐5583, or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Online University provides members the ability to educate employees on critical safety and health and liability topics.
In the Online University we have courses for most municipal departments such as Fire, Police, EMS, Library, Public Works, Transfer Stations, Office staff, Recreation, Utilities and Schools. There are over 380 courses, and more being added all the time.
These awareness level courses, taken in conjunction with a documented review of your department-specific policies meets the training requirements of the Maine Department of Labor.
We have 80 courses that have been pre-approved for continuing education credits (CEUs) for the Society for Human Resource Management – Certified Professional (SHRM-CP). The education hours will show on the employees’ certificate of completion if they have had added the certification to their profile before taking the training.
We have courses that cover many different topics of interest to our membership.
- Cyber Security and Computer Privacy
- Safety and Health
- Social Media Communication
- Driving Safety
- School Safety
- Harassment and Discrimination Prevention
- Stress Management
- Federal Laws / State Statutes
Top 5 most frequent taken courses:
- Harassment Prevention for Maine Employees
- Hazard Communication: The New GHS Standard
- Fire Prevention: Comprehensive
- Workplace Ergonomics
- Back Safety
Custom Course Management Tool gives Online University members a powerful new tool in the administrative section. It is the ability to upload custom policies and courses, document training and track certifications.
With The Custom Course Management Tool, You Can:
• Add customized courses that are visible to only your employees.
• Track live on‐site trainings.
• Link to and assign third party online courses as employee training.
• Upload Policies with acknowledgement statement or Knowledge-based testing.
• Assigned policies just like the training modules and track progress on the training reports.
With The Administrative Rights and Tool, You Can:
- Assign training by department with a due date. With email notification.
- Establish multilevel administers or supervisory groups with their own access level.
- Automatically assign or reassign courses.
- Upload Policies with acknowledgement statement.
- Document external training by Learner
- Build and send out after raining surveys.
- Track employees Certification / License information with CEUs.
- Bundle multiple courses or policies and assign to Learners
- MMA has supply sample Learning Plans for all of the DOL Compliance Directives, SHRM-CP Course and other topics.
There are additional tools and functions available to member administrators.
Criteria for who can and cannot have access to the Online University.
Can be set up as Learners:
- Member of the Worker’s Compensation Fund or Property & Casualty Pool
- Any elected official of the Member
- An employee or volunteer of a covered department
Cannot be set up as Learners:
- A third-party contractor
- Not an employee of the Member
- A group or organization that the Member contracts with to provide a service
- A department group login (i.e., Public Works)