The Town of Kittery Community Center has an opening for a part-time Eyes of the World Discovery Center Floating Assistant Preschool Teacher. The rate for this position is $11.47 per hour. This position will work with all of our classrooms from 7:30am-1:00pm Monday through Friday. There is a possibility hours may vary based on needs.
The purpose of this part time position is to support the Lead Teacher of children between the ages of two and five years, both outdoors and in the classroom. Assistant Teachers will have a love for nature and the outdoors.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist Teacher in the classroom
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with children, parents, and staff
- Assist the teacher in maintaining a safe, clean, learning environment and assure the wellbeing and safety of the children in his/her care
- Follow all rules and regulations according to the State of Maine License book
- Exhibit a genuine nurturing caring attitude to all the children
- Attend monthly staff meetings
- Attend employer-paid trainings, as necessary
- Be enthusiastic and prepared to explore the outdoors with children on a daily basis
- Fun and energetic
- Additional tasks may be assigned to meet the needs of the school
- High School Diploma or GED
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Working knowledge of child development
- Exhibit a positive professionalism with supervisors, co-workers, students, parents and community
- Interact with a wide variety of people
- Effectively communicate
- Maintain composure in stressful situations
- Love of the outdoors and nature
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, climb stairs, stoop, kneel, and crouch
- The employee must be able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs
- Must be able to spend long periods of time standing
- There may be physical demands based on physical, emotional and cognitive needs of particular children
- Must appreciate the outdoors
The responsibilities outlined above cannot totally encompass or define all tasks which may be required by this position. The outline of responsibilities given above may, therefore, vary from time to time without changing the level of responsibility.
Please complete the application located on our website at www.kitteryme.gov under employment opportunities and submit a cover letter and resume to:
Town of Kittery
Attention Human Resources Rogers 200 Road, Kittery, ME 03904
Accepting application packets until position is filled.
The Town of Kittery is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to excellence through diversity in its staff. We strongly encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds