Position Title: Public Works Class B Driver
Location: Norridgewock, ME
Duration: Part-time, on call, seasonal
Wages: $14.00 per hour, subject to review
The Town of Norridgewock (pop. 3,367) is located in southern Somerset County. Settled in 1788, the community has a rich history, documented back to the seventeenth century. Norridgewock is home to many small businesses, but is also the home of Waste Management, New Balance, and Central Maine Regional Airport. The Town employs approximately fifteen people.
As Public Works Class B Driver, you will be responsible for assisting the Department in snow removal, road/surface treatment, Town facility maintenance, and other related tasks. The driver should also be able to make operating adjustments to equipment and conduct basic vehicle services. Full job description available at the Norridgewock Town Office or townofnorridgewock.com/jobs
- Safely and efficiently operate Town plow equipment, including but not limited to a 46,000 GVW plow truck, 3/4 ton pickup truck, snowblower, and large equipment, to remove snow and ice from Town roads and pedestrian walkways. Trucks may have blade and wing attached.
- Safely and efficiently spread salt, sand, and/or any other road treatment mix to streets and sidewalks.
- Inspect equipment before and after use to ensure safe operation.
- Makes operating adjustments to equipment and service vehicles with gas, oil, and grease. May assist with vehicle repairs.
- Operate radios and/or phones to communicate hazards, road conditions, and/or accidents to the Public Works Foreman or assignee.
- Ensure proper safety procedures are being followed at all times, including, but not limited to: refueling, operating equipment, general pedestrian traffic, radio activity, and vehicle operation
- Any other various tasks deemed relevant and necessary by the Town Manager, Public Works Foreman, or other assigned supervisor.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a valid Class B Maine Driver’s License with a safe driving record.
- Must possess experience driving a 41,000 GVW plow truck or equivalent type vehicle.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and relay information either verbally or in writing to colleagues, general public, and supervisor.
- Possess mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able and present for work when called upon within 60 minutes and report to work during inclement weather.
- Must possess and wear steel-toed safety footwear.
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, until the successful candidate is selected.
Applications are available at the Town Office or www.townofnorridgewock.com/jobs Applications may be submitted to the Norridgewock Town Office at 16 Perkins Street | PO Box 7, Norridgewock, ME 04957. All correspondence should be addressed to Richard LaBelle, Town Manager.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds