The City of Lebanon, New Hampshire is currently seeking interested and qualified candidates for the Full-Time position of Water Plant Operator in the Department of Public Works, as further described below:
DESCRIPTION: Position performs skilled operational work for the Public Works Department. Ensures plant and infrastructure performance and that water quality meets federal and state regulations. Performs plant operations and maintenance functions in accordance with regulatory requirements. May serve as the Water Treatment Superintendent in his/her absence. Works under the general supervision of the Water Treatment Superintendent.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Performs daily operations and maintenance of the water treatment plant and facilities to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations and requirements.
2. Monitors SCADA system and adjusts controls to regulate flow and treatment of water.
3. Evaluates and verifies that plant performance and water quality is meeting federal and state regulations by performing and/or ensuring all sampling requirements required by federal and state agencies. Reviews operating data and evaluates against plant operating standards.
4. Operates and controls electric motors, pumps, and valves to regulate the flow of water and chemicals into the treatment and distribution systems.
5. Cleans, services and makes minor repairs to all treatment equipment, including pumps, mixers, and related equipment.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: A candidate for this position should have an Associate’s Degree, three (3) to five (5) years experience at a water or wastewater treatment plant facility, a NH Grade III Water Works Operator Certification and a valid driver’s license.
Applicants with the required certification are strongly preferred. Otherwise qualified applicants without the required certification may be considered; however, as a condition of employment, A NH Grade III Water Works Operator certification must be obtained within one year of appointment. For information regarding eligibility for certification, please see the NH Department of Environmental Services website (www.des.nh.gov) for more information.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Full job description is available online at lebanonnh.gov/jobs. A City of Lebanon Employment Application is REQUIRED. Submit completed applications to: City of Lebanon, Human Resources, 193 Dartmouth College Highway, Lebanon, NH 03766 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE
COMPENSATION RANGE: $21.74 to $26.02 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds