The Greater Portland Council of Governments (GPCOG) strives to model operational excellence to streamline and improve internal systems. By making the agency more efficient and innovative, we can better deliver exceptional services to our 26 member cities and towns, make a stronger positive impact on the region, and share what we learn about improving public sector efficiency with GPCOG’s members.
GPCOG is seeking an entrepreneurial and highly motivated person to help our organization operate with excellence. The Operations Manager will develop and refine our internal systems to ensure the agency is functioning efficiently and effectively, employing best practices and technology. As a key member of the agency’s leadership team, this position will oversee the agency’s financial management and office operations.
- Building the overall success of the agency and its contribution to our communities in developing regional prosperity.
- Active membership in the agency’s leadership team supporting operational excellence across all programs.
- Manage and develop the agency’s financial management and office operations functions.
- Monitor organization’s performance and provide regular reports to staff, board, and members.
The Operations Manager is expected to have these skills:
- Strong financial acumen and knowledge of accounting principles.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and facilitation skills.
- Ability to quickly assess and implement systems improvements.
- Ability to attract, lead, manage and develop staff.
- Resourceful, self-motivated with a dedication to building a learning organization.
Skills and abilities in the following areas are a plus:
- Certified Public Accountant.
- Experience in public finance and grants management.
- Understanding of information technology.
- Experience transitioning an agency to different systems, software and technology, including changing accounting systems.
- Local government involvement and leadership
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, and a fun and creative working environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to representing the region’s diversity in our staff and creating a positive, inclusive workplace where all can thrive. People of color, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Come join our team!
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume along with minimum salary requirements by December 6th (no phone calls please) to:
Ms. Maddy Adams at email@example.com
Email subject line: Application for Operations Manager
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds