Location: Northern Maine Community College, 33 Edgemont Dr., Presque Isle, ME 04769
Time: Registration: 8:30 am to 9:00 am | Class: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Cost: MTCCA Members: $60 | Non-Members: $80
Instructor(s): Patti Dubois, City Clerk, Waterville; Julie Flynn, Deputy Secretary of State, Maine Secretary of State’s Office
This workshop is a review of duties and responsibilities of the municipal Registrar of Voters and reviews and outlines their tasks before, during and after Election Day.
TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED INCLUDE:
• Voter Registration Officials and their applicable duties and responsibilities
• Determining Voter eligibility
• Administering Voter registration
• Qualifications of a Voter
• Working with the State Central Voter Registration (CVR) system, allowing public access to the information
• Managing and printing Voter Lists, records and reports
• Certifying petitions and other related registration requirements
Each participant is to bring a copy of the “Voter Registration and Elections Manual” and the “CVR User Guide,” (latest revised edition). If you do not have one, contact the Elections Division at 624-7650 or firstname.lastname@example.org.