Location: Remote Access – Live Webinar via ZOOM
Cost: MMA Member: $65; Non-Member: $130
Presenter: Nancy Ansheles, M.Ed., Owner of Catalyst & Co.
This interactive webinar is designed to help everyone, from municipal staff leaders to elected officials, prepare for, run and conclude effective meetings virtually.
During this webinar, you will:
- Connect and collaborate with other municipal employees.
- Identify the challenges and unique features of virtual meetings on Zoom.
- Observe, identify and participate in factors that contribute to an effective Zoom meeting, including: a four-step meeting format, polls, breakout rooms, and the Chat feature.
- Observe and identify leader skills that enhance a virtual meeting and facilitate participation.
- Write and commit to an action plan to apply the skills on the job.
Please note: this training will not provide legal advice or address the legal requirements of running public meetings using parliamentary procedures. This is also not meant to dive too deeply into the technical components of Zoom. Participants will benefit more if they’ve had some experience on Zoom and they enter the meeting through the Zoom app.
*Registrants will receive their Zoom registration, including meeting details and the link to access the webinar, no later than 24 hours in advance.
Cancellations for MMA Zoom Webinars:
Cancellation notification must be provided in writing at least 3 business days before the session begins in order to avoid a financial penalty. Cancellations received within that 3 day window will be charged a $15 cancellation fee. Please visit http://www.memun.org/TrainingResources/WorkshopsTraining/Cancellations.aspx or email email@example.com to cancel. If you have any questions please contact the Educational Services Office at (800) 452-8786 or (207) 623-8428.