The Town of Waterboro wishes to hire a full time Assessor. Waterboro is a central York County town of 7,800 residents, roughly 53 square miles with 4,900 parcels and we operate under a charter with five Board of Selectmen/Town Administrator/Town Meeting form of government. Waterboro uses TRIO software so applicants should be familiar with it or be willing to learn TRIO quickly. Our Assessing department consists of one Assessor and some part time help from existing administrative staff. The successful candidate will be required to:
• Timely perform all assessing duties required by the State of Maine
• Maintain and improve assessing database
• Assess all real and personal property
• Process all deeds, lot splits, map changes and new valuation data into town system
• Communicate effectively with the public, town hall staff, and selectboard
• Maintain office hours as negotiated with the Town Administrator
• Provide timely reports to the selectboard, when requested
• Provide current data for the town website
• Maintain Certified Maine Assessor status
We offer a competitive wage and can be flexible with a work schedule of 32 – 40 hours. Presently, our Town Hall is closed to the public on Mondays but several staff do work every Monday. We offer $9,000 towards health and dental insurance for the employee, twelve holidays, vacation, and vehicle mileage reimbursement. Life, vision and disability insurances are available but paid by the employee.
Applicants should send a resume with three professional references along with a separate comprehensive cover letter in MS Word describing your work history. Electronic submissions are encouraged but hard copy applications are also accepted. Send your application by email to Town Administrator Gary Lamb (administrator@ waterboro-me.gov) or by USPS to Gary Lamb c/o Waterboro Town Hall, 24 Townhouse Road, Waterboro, ME 04030. Please call the Town Administrator (247-6166, ext 100) if you have any questions. This position will remain open as long as this ad remains on the MMA website.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds