Location: Spruce Point Inn, 88 Grandview Avenue, Boothbay Harbor
Time: Registration: 8:00 a.m. | Course: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Cost: MMA Member Municipality/Patron: $70.00 | Non-Member Municipality: $140.00
Instructor(s): Nancy Ansheles, M.Ed.
Anyone who leads or participates in meetings that could be improved. This hands-on workshop will offer practical tips to increase collaboration and results in team, staff, and board meetings. This course applies to the Maine Town, City and County Management Association Certification Program as 6 credits in the Leadership category.
Registration: 8:00 a.m. / Course: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
During this workshop, you will:
1. Observe, practice and evaluate factors that contribute to successful meetings.
2. Review criteria on when to hold a meeting and when to not hold one.
3. Identify the importance of an agenda and key elements to include.
4. Practice an effective four-step meeting format to ensure success.
5. Recognize individual roles and group stages.
6. Practice facilitation skills to lead discussions, expand ideas, make decisions and handle challenging participants.
7. Write and commit to an action plan to apply the skills on the job.