City of Hallowell - Grant Writing
Start Date: January 30, 2024
End Date: February 23, 2024
Type: Requests for Proposals (RFP)
More Information: Click Here
The City of Hallowell, Maine is seeking requests for proposals for contract grant writing for the City. Hallowell seeks a grant writer to help with three specific projects.
- To apply for a coastal planning grant through the Maine Coastal Program with an application deadline of June 30, 2024
- To determine what sources of grant funding are available for restoration of the old fire station in Hallowell. The City plans to use the building for the Hallowell Food Pantry, Hallowell Police Department and other uses. The building is on the National Register of Historic Buildings. Renovation and construction costs are estimated to be at least $5 million.
- To apply for a Maine Department of Transportation Maine Infrastructure Adaptation Fund (MIAF) to provide direct funding to public entities enrolled in the Community Resilience Partnership (CRP), including municipal, tribal, and infrastructure districts to adapt their critical infrastructure to reduce vulnerability to climate change resulting from extreme weather, sea level rise, inland and coastal flooding, severe heat, and other climate impacts. This grant application is due on 2 February 2024 which may preclude it’s inclusion as part of the grant writer contract.
The City of Hallowell would like proposals to include:
- Contractor name, company name, and contact information
- A summary of relevant grant writing experience
- Fee structure and availability
Submissions will preferably be emailed to the City Manager by noon on Friday February 9, 2024 at the email address below. However, submissions will continue to be accepted until noon on Friday February 23, 2024
The City of Hallowell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, physical or mental disability, familial status, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or any other legally protected status. For more information, please contact City Manager Gary Lamb at 207-430-4403 or firstname.lastname@example.org.