Seasonal Lifeguard Position
Start Date: February 08, 2024 | End Date: June 14, 2024
County: York County
Job Type: Public Safety - Fire
Wells Ocean Rescue – Seasonal Lifeguard Position
Wells Ocean Rescue – Wells Fire Department is seeking qualified individuals for the 2024 season. Season starts July 1st and ends September 4th with a typical workday from
Hourly Wage starting at $18.00 an hour depending on years of experience with an ocean rescue squad.
Working as a lifeguard offers numerous positive outcomes, including:
- Job satisfaction: Lifeguards play a crucial role in ensuring the safety of others and can feel a sense of pride and fulfillment in their work.
- Physical fitness: Lifeguards are required to be in good physical condition and can benefit from the physical demands of the job, such as swimming and rescue exercises.
- Skill development: Lifeguards have the opportunity to develop and enhance their rescue, first aid, and CPR skills.
- Career growth: Lifeguards can use their skills and experience to advance their careers within the aquatics or safety fields.
- Teamwork: Lifeguards work closely with a team of fellow lifeguards, as well as Wells Fire Department, Wells EMS, and Wells PD, providing opportunities to develop teamwork and communication skills.
- Community involvement: Lifeguards have a large presence in their community and play a critical role by promoting water safety and helping to prevent accidents.
Qualifications for employment
- Be at least age 16 years of age.
- Have or obtain current CPR/AED and Lifeguard/First Aid certifications (please include a copy with your application)
There will be a Lifeguard certification course offered by the Fire Department and Ocean Rescue prior to the season for individuals who are otherwise qualified but not yet certified.
Successful applicants must complete an entry test which includes a one mile run in 8 minutes or less and a 550-yard swim in 10 minutes or less, to be hired.
*Applicants must be available for in-service training from June 17th – June 28th, 2024*
To be considered for employment with the Town of Wells, applicants must complete the Town’s Application for Employment. Applications can be obtained by visiting the Town’s website at www.wellstown.org or the Human Resources Department at Town Hall. Completed Applications should be sent to: Attn: Human Resources, Town of Wells, 208 Sanford Road, Wells, ME 04090 or emailed to email@example.com. Please do not use the apply online functions provided through Facebook or any other social media platforms to apply.
The Town of Wells is an Equal Opportunity Employer