The Maine Municipal Association is pleased to partner with firms who offer programs designed to use the buying power of all Maine Municipal Association members (Associate and Affiliate Groups included) to provide significant discounts on a variety of products and services to each and every member. Endorsements are granted by the MMA Executive Committee based upon the adopted MMA Policy Guidelines for Reviewing Endorsement, Sponsorship or Service Proposal Requests from Outside Organizations or Vendors. Outside organizations or vendors requesting endorsement on a product or service are asked to put their requests in writing and submit them to Stephen Gove, Executive Director, Maine Municipal Association, 60 Community Drive, Augusta, Maine 04330.
Current programs and services endorsed by the Maine Municipal Association include the following:
The MMA Executive Committee has endorsed the Minnesota League of Cities' website development program entitled GovOffice. GovOffice allows municipalities to build and maintain websites over the Internet - there's no software to install; only a computer, an Internet connection, and Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher are needed. The tool allows cities to choose from a wide array of functions and features, such as posting information on city services, publicizing community events, providing online forms for citizens to submit information, conducting online polls, etc.
In putting information onto municipal sites, staff who are familiar with Microsoft Word will be able to learn the administrative tools very easily - no specific programming language is needed - and training usually involves a one-hour call to the GovOffice Customer Service Center. Staff can also delegate authority to various staff members for making modifications to specific sections of the site, and can customize the site to have a unique "look and feel" that represents their community. All sites built through the municipal version of GovOffice.com will also be designed to ADA specifications, incorporating elements that allow those who are visually impaired to read the site using special software. The sites are hosted by Qwest through their relationship with GovOffice.com, and there is no limit on the number of pages cities can create on their sites.
GovOffice CMS (content management system) was created to enable local governments of all sizes to communicate with their citizens over the Internet. Since its official launch, over 600 local governments in 41 states and two Canadian provinces - with populations of less than 200 to more than 50,000 - are using GovOffice CMS. For more information about the opportunities available through GovOffice visit: http://www.govoffice.com or call toll-free at 877-564-4979.
The MMA Executive Committee has endorsed the Municipal Office Supply Program. This program offers an opportunity to improve efficiency and increase cost control by ordering through Office Depot’s award winning online ordering system. Office Depot provides World Class Customer Service and can also take your order by phone or fax. Multiple billing options are available to all Maine Municipal Association program participants. This program is designed to use the buying power of all Maine Municipal Association members (Associate and Affiliate Groups included) to provide significant discounts on a variety of products and services to each and every member. 200 item MMA Core List representing member top purchased items with discounts up to 80% off of Manufacturers List Pricing; Over 40,000 items available with discounts of up to 15% off of Office Depot’s already low web prices which are shopped daily against competition to assure the best pricing available in the marketplace; Free delivery in Maine (within 24 – 48 hours); No minimum orders required; Customer Service team assigned and ready to support MMA program participants; Monthly Specials plus Office Depot will not be undersold on inventory items; Multiple billing options available with dedicated Account Manager available to help tailor to meet your needs; Largest selection of inventory and 14 billion dollar buying power; Most complete in stock office furniture inventory in the industry with furniture specialists available to work with you on any size project from simple to complex with over 200 product lines available to meet all of your facility needs; Complete on-line Copy and Print program with special member pricing.
Try out the online catalog and check out the prices and time savings for yourself before opening an account. Login to see MMA pricing. Use "inquiries" for both ID and Password: https://business.officedepot.com/
For more information on the opportunities available through Office Depot or to set up an account and/ or place orders, contact Office Depot's representative, Ashley Edson, at email@example.com .
Sister Cities International
The MMA Executive Committee has endorsed Sister Cities International. Sister Cities International is an excellent way for your Community to establish close relations with one or more international communities. These partnerships will allow your Community to creatively learn, work and solve problems through cultural, educational, municipal, business, professional and technical exchanges and projects.
The Benefits of Membership are:
- Official listing of your Maine community in the Sister Cities International Membership Directory and Online Directory
- A subscription to all Sister Cities International publications including quarterly issues of the Sister Cities International Newsletter, the new e-Newsletter, and instructional guides to aid in all aspects of local Maine program development
- The opportunity for your Maine community to apply to the Sister Cities International Network for Sustainable Development and the Youth and Education Network in order to work on projects like economic development and youth exchange
- Maine communities will receive special access to the "Members Only" section of the greatly enhanced Sister Cities International website, www.sister-cities.org
- The opportunity for Maine communities to network with all members of Sister Cities International in order to share and employ other program information through a comprehensive database and search engine
- Eligibility for your Maine community to receive "seed Grants" and other grant opportunities
- The ability to involve your community in the international campaigns for local US Sister Cities sustainable development projects through Sister Cities International's targeted fundraising website, www.supportsistercities.org.
- The opportunity for the youth of Maine to be involved at both the local and international level by competing in the Young Artist Competition. Private consultation services from Professional Staff experts For more information on the opportunities available through Sister Cities International, please visit their website at www.sister-cities.org.