TOWN OF BELGRADE
ASSISTANT TO THE FACILITY & GROUNDS MAINTENANCE DIRECTOR & SEXTON/ ASSISTANT TO TRANSFER STATION MANAGER
Job Description/Nature of Work: This position is hired by the Town Manager and is varied work as assistant to the Facility and Grounds Maintenance Director in the Town of Belgrade and, as necessary, as an assistant to the Transfer Station Manager. This person works at the direction of the Director and assists in all aspects of facility and ground maintenance that does not require a professional State License. He/she also assists in Sexton duties working to support and backup the Sexton as needed. When assigned to the Transfer Station he works at the direction of the Transfer Station Manager. Employee must be able to work independently with little supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Facility and Ground Maintenance Director in the regular and seasonal building/grounds cleaning and maintenance activities
- Assists in the operation of the Transfer Station and when assigned there the work is at the direction of the Transfer Station Manager-
- Performs many physical aspects of building and grounds maintenance
- Removes snow and applies sand on Town owned or leased properties
- Assists in the maintenance on all Town owned equipment
- Assists Road Commissioner as needed
- Performs work as directed by the Facility and Ground Maintenance Director
Requirements of Work:
- Knowledge of materials, methods and techniques commonly used in building repairs
- Working knowledge of the operation of equipment such as backhoes, skid-steers, and plow trucks
- Knowledge of safety practices in all aspects of the job
- Ability to keep proper records
- Ability to work independently
- Must pass back ground check and have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and the general public
- Knowledge of safety regulations.
Training and Experience Required: Must have a high school diploma and training or experience in facility and grounds maintenance. Must be able to supervise a crew and be physically able to perform heavy manual labor, including lifting. Must have a valid Maine Driver’s license and be able to obtain a Class B-CDL if required. Must safely and efficiently use all related equipment.
Work Week: This is a 40 hour work week. Works hours can vary due to storm events. If overtime is required it will be taken as Compensatory Time unless otherwise approved by Town Manager.
Benefits/Pay: Benefits will follow “Town of Belgrade/Employment Guidelines” for Full–Time employees. Pay will follow the pay rate scale as also outlined in the Employment Guidelines handbook. Burials, rescue, and fire calls do not count as part of the 40 hour workweek.
Applications can be obtained at the Belgrade Town Office or on the website, www.townofbelgrade.com. Please submit completed application and/or resume, cover letter, and references to Melanie Alexander, Treasurer, Town of Belgrade, 990 Augusta Road, Belgrade, Maine 04917. The position will remain open until filled. Any questions please call the office at 207-495-2258.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds