Police Sergeant - Town of Meredith, New Hampshire
Start Date: February 08, 2024 | End Date: March 08, 2024
County: Other / Outside Maine
Job Type: Public Safety - Police
The Town of Meredith is accepting applications for the position of full-time Police Sergeant. The town is located along the northern shores of Lake Winnipesaukee and experiences tourists and events during all four seasons. The Meredith Police Department consists of 13 full time officers and 2 part time officers. If you're looking for a department with low to no turnover, excellent leadership and camaraderie, and the ability to field a myriad of different call types, Meredith is for you.
At least five years experience in a police department or law enforcement agency; or any equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates possession of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Employees of this class must meet all qualifications for the position of Police Officer. Candidates may be required to complete physical agility testing, oral board interview, polygraph, medical and psychological examinations, and an extensive background investigation.
- Conducts daily roll call activities which include instructing subordinates in modern police methods and techniques and familiarizing subordinates with recent changes in laws, ordinances, and Supreme Court decisions. Inspects the appearance of Police Officers as warranted.
- Receives dispatch requests and responds to emergency situations or serious crimes requiring supervision and superior officer’s presence; takes charge of crime scene; assists in crime scene searches.
- Assists Police Officers in serving warrants, apprehending criminals, conducting raids, and transporting prisoners.
- Ensures all reports submitted are in accordance with Department regulations and statutory requirements are complete and accurate; may follow up where additional investigation is needed; interviews and interrogates victims, witnesses, and suspected offenders. Ensures arresting Police Officers know all necessary court data, witnesses are subpoenaed, and evidence is collected. Appears in court to testify in traffic and criminal cases.
- Ensures proper performance of Department members and performs shift supervision as assigned. Serves as immediate superior of all assigned personnel. Reports any breach of Department regulations.
These duties are not all encompassing. Needs and requirements may vary according to business needs or necessity.
Pay range is $31.53 ($65,582) to $41.37 ($86,049)
Employees receive a benefits package that includes: Health Insurance (Three plans and one with no deductible), 100% employer paid Dental Insurance, paid vacation, paid sick time, 11 paid holidays, 100% employer paid life insurance and STD/LTD, and participation in the New Hampshire Retirement System.
Visit the Job Openings page on www.meredithnh.org for an application. Questions can be directed to HR@meredithnh.org