The Town of Gouldsboro is seeking an Office Supervisor that will embody our collaborative nature and be a good fit with our friendly front desk team.
This a full-time position at the department head level with varied roles and responsibilities. This position is responsible for supervising deputy clerks, organizing and coordinating office operations and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. The Office Supervisor reports directly to the Town Manager.
- Department head responsibilities such as managing the admin department budget
- Deputy Treasurer tasks such as accounts payable for the Town
- Preparing and processing payroll for the Town
- Light human resource tasks such as new hire paperwork and personnel documentation of direct employees such as evaluation of staff performance
- Maintaining and ordering office supplies
- Back-up Deputy Clerk such as assisting at the front desk or phones during busy times for permits, property taxes, motor vehicles registrations and general questions.
- Attending selectmen meetings to keep minutes.
- Records retention and organization of files.
- Registrar of Voters and Elections
- Other duties as assigned by the Town Manager.
Clear communication to staff and Town Manager
Delegation that accounts for personal and staff deadlines.
Coachable with a commitment to continuous learning and improving.
Mentorship qualities for growth of direct employee and cross training methodologies.
Ability to learn new technologies.
- High school diploma or GED
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible clerical or customer service experience.
- One year (1) of paid or unpaid supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of Motor Vehicles
- Knowledge of Treasury responsibilities
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable
- Knowledge of Payroll
- Knowledge of CVR, Moses, and other municipal applications
- Knowledge of Elections
- Knowledge of Vital Records
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible clerical experience.
- Two (2) years of paid or unpaid supervisory experience.
The range for this position is $16.50-$20 dependent upon education and experience. This position is entitled to all benefits as listed in our personnel policy. Please email for questions or details.
- Mondays and Wednesday 8am-4pm
- Tuesdays 8am- 5pm
- Thursdays 8am-6pm (must attend biweekly Select Board meetings that start at 6pm)
- Friday 8am-1pm
Interested candidates must submit their resume, hourly wage request, cover letter, and fill out the town application at our website then send this packet to email@example.com . This position is open until August 6th.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds