TOWN OF TOPSHAM
FULLTIME POLICE OFFICER POSTION
October 28, 2020
The Topsham Police Department is presently seeking qualified candidates who value Integrity, Service to others, and Accountability, for our full-time police officer vacancy. The position offers a comprehensive benefits package, including overtime/detail opportunities, wage step increases, educational incentives, tuition reimbursement, annual clothing allowance, employee and family medical health / dental coverage, paid vacation and sick leave, twelve paid holidays, and a 25-year 2/3 retirement option. Preference may be given to Maine Criminal Justice Academy graduates or equivalent certification. Lateral entry applicants are eligible for an increased pay step based on current qualifications. Preference may also be given to individuals that have completed up to Phase II of the law Enforcement Training Program.
Eligible candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age or 20 years of age with 60 college credit hours.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Possess a valid Maine driver’s license or be able to obtain one within 30 days after employment start date.
- Must have passed the MCJA ALERT Test, and Physical Fitness Test, (unless already certified officer) prior to interview date.
- Must be in good physical condition and health.
- Must be able to pass an extensive background investigation, polygraph, medical evaluation and psychological examination.
Applications may be obtained from:
Topsham Police Department
100 Main Street
Topsham, ME 04086
Or online at
Completed applications, resumes, and any MCJA certification material must be submitted to the Topsham Police Department, attention Chief of Police Marc Hagan. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
The Town of Topsham is an Equal Opportunity Employer
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds