Town of Lisbon
Part-Time Moxie Festival Event Coordinator
This is a part-time temporary position reporting to the Parks and Recreation Director, while working in collaboration with the Town of Lisbon Departments and Moxie Committee. Working with internal staff and community members and reporting to the Director of Recreation, the Coordinator handles all event planning, volunteer coordination, and administrative duties for the Moxie Festival. The successful candidate will provide energy, creativity and community relations expertise that will make a substantial impact on the Moxie Festival while enhancing the image and positive relationships of the Town of Lisbon.
- Post-secondary degree preferred, in a related field (preferably Marketing, Public or Community Relations, Event Planning), and two years of experience in special events planning, preferably in the not-for-profit sector.
- Experience in planning and implementing events including expertise in attracting sponsorships; proven track record in developing and implementing promotion plans; print production expertise associated with fundraising events.
- Extensive experience facilitating committee meetings.
- Extensive experience working with local businesses and donors, as well as managing, supervising and orienting volunteers for events. Media relations experience is an asset.
- Project Management, organizational and prioritizing skills; problem solving and organizational skills; attention to detail is imperative.
- The ability to work well independently and multi-task, as well as the ability to work with a diverse group of individuals in a team environment (ranging from the moxie committee, corporate leaders, staff and volunteers).
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication, organizational, customer service and creative thinking skills to ensure a professional execution of all related special events. Software proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point.
To Apply: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Interested applicants should forward cover letter and resume detailing all applicable experience and references by December 15, 2020 to:
Subject Line: Event Coordinator
Mail: Megan Lavigne, Human Resources Assistant
Town of Lisbon
300 Lisbon Street
Lisbon, ME 04250
The Town of Lisbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds