The Town of Kittery Community Center has an opening for a part-time Receptionist-Front Desk Clerk. The rate of pay for this position is $14.28 per hour. This position may be scheduled weekdays, between the hours of 6:00 am to 8:00 pm.
The purpose of this part-time position is to greet customers and assist with inquiries on the phone and in person as well as providing clerical support to the administrative staff of the KCC. This position reports to the Assistant Director. Duties include, but are not limited to: Assisting in opening and closing the facility, processing Active Net registrations and reports which includes cash handling and credit card processing; providing customer relations; processing transactions for ticketed events; and performing additional tasks as assigned by the Assistant Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Provides customer service and information, both on the phone and in person; answers the phone, screens calls, registers participants for activities the department offers and takes messages
- Greets customers entering the KCC and directs them to their destination while monitoring visitor access and maintaining security awareness
- Provides clerical support services to the administrative staff of the KCC
- Uses a computer for program registration entries, attendance reports, updates activities in computer, as well as ticketing software
- Copies and collates various publications for distribution to citizens
- Assists in tasks such as making copies, signage, bulletin boards and file maintenance
- Utilizes various office machines and equipment in the delivery of service, such as computer, telephone, adding machine, fax, copier, calculator, and printer
- Prepares Active Net cash out report for end of shift
- Inventories all office and concession supplies relevant to reception area and reports needs to administrative staff
- Assist in scheduling of front desk staff to ensure shifts are adequately covered
- Oversees the documentation and maintenance of records on sign-in sheets, open gym, contractors, etc.
- Monitors fitness card memberships, walking track participants and open gym use
- Sells concession items to patrons and maintains coffee bar
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides coverage for additional KCC events and theatre performances as needed
- Keeps track of attendance for classes and events
- Performs other related duties as required
Essential Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or GED required, with a minimum of one year’s experience in handling money, receipting and deposits; computer entry, customer service, office services, or related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position
- Ability to communicate effectively and in an appropriate professional manner, and to convey or exchange professional information
- Ability to interact with employees, supervisors, other agencies, participants, instructors, community leaders, and general public beyond giving and/or receiving instructions
- Ability to use a computer and varied applications
- Ability to utilize mathematical formulas, and to understand a variety of professional, technical and administrative documentation, directions, regulations, instructions, methods and procedures
- Ability to produce reports that are accurate and complete
The physical abilities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be physically able to operate a variety of machines and equipment, including, but not limited to: computer, scanner, telephone, copy machine, shredder, facsimile machine, adding machine, keyboard and printer
- Must be able to move or carry job-related objects and materials up to 50 pounds
- Must be physically capable of reaching to obtain and move various books, printouts, file boxes, computer paper, etc.
- Must be able to sit and stand for long periods
- Must be able to communicate through speech and in writing
- Work is normally performed both in an office environment
Please complete the application located on our website at www.kitteryme.gov under employment opportunities and submit a cover letter and resume to:
Town of Kittery
Attn: Human Resources
200 Rogers Road, Kittery, ME 03904
Accepting application packets until position is filled.
The Town of Kittery is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to excellence through diversity in its staff. We strongly encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds