Town of Buxton
Buxton Recreation Department
Job Description- Recreation Supervisor
Nature and Variety of Work:
The person in this position will supervise, develop, and expand Buxton’s year round childcare programming, including summer camp and before/aftercare programs. This position will also assist in the development and execution of recreation and leisure programs for the Buxton community as a whole. The employee in this position will work 40 hours per week. This is a full time, salaried, year-round position with benefits.
Responsibility and Supervisory Relationships:
This position is directly responsible to the Recreation Director.
This position supervises part time employees.
Desirable Experience and Training:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Two or Four year degree in Recreation/Leisure Management, Education, or related field.
- Must have prior experience working with children.
- Experience supervising employees desirable.
- CPR/First Aid Certified
- Possess an understanding of age appropriate activities and behavior management techniques for children in grades K-8.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates possession of the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Essential Job Functions
- Must have a flexible schedule, with the ability to work mornings and afternoons Monday through Friday, depending on the needs and demands of the program.
- Must be able to use good judgement skills.
- Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Must be able to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and reach for participation in physical activities.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be capable of using telephones, computers, printers, and standard office equipment
- Must be able to create staff schedules, budgets, and weekly activity plans.
- Must be able to provide excellent customer service to parents and children.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring a safe environment for all programs.
- Assist in accepting program registrations and help cover office hours.
- Supervises before/after camp staff and summer camp staff. Responsible for creating work schedules, performance evaluations, and staff coaching.
- Oversee proper use and storage of all program equipment.
- Develop new and innovative enrichment activities for childcare programs, including theme weeks, art projects, and group events.
- Purchase program supplies as approved by Recreation Director.
- Maintain accurate paperwork records, including time cards, incident reports, accident reports, and attendance records.
- Work alongside the Recreation Director to create training opportunities and meeting agendas for staff.
- Communicate with school staff on a daily basis.
- Work is performed indoors and outdoors in variable weather conditions and temperatures.
- Work is performed in a moderate to considerably noisy environment.
Pay Range: $18.50 to $20.00 per hour
The Town of Buxton offers a generous benefits package. and is an E.O.E.
Accepting resumes until Friday, April 30, 2021
Send a cover letter and resume to: the Town of Buxton, Attn: Selectmen , 185 Portland Road, Buxton, ME 04093 or to email@example.com
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds