Town of Buxton Buxton
Job Description- Recreation Programmer
Nature and Variety of Work: The person in this position is responsible facilitating, expanding, and executing recreation and leisure programs for Buxton’s Recreation Department’s year-round programming. This person will also assist with selecting, training, supervising, and evaluating youth sports coaches and volunteers to support the recreation programs. The person in this position will support all department programming, including childcare programming, summer camp, senior citizen activities, and community events.
This is a full time (40 hours/week), hourly, year-round position with benefits.
Responsibility and Supervisory Relationships: This position will directly oversee youth sports volunteer coaches. This position is directly responsible to the Recreation Director. Pay Range: $15.00-$15.75
Desirable Experience and Training: •
- Must be at least 21 years of age. •
- Two or Four year degree in Recreation/Leisure Management, Education, Community Health, or related field preferred. •
- CPR/First Aid Certified •
- Possess an understanding of age appropriate activities and behavior management techniques for children in grades K-8. •
- Have experience in recreation programming. •
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates possession of the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Essential Job Functions •
- Must have a flexible schedule, with the ability to work mornings and afternoons, Sunday through Saturday, depending on the needs and demands of the program. •
- Must be able to use good judgement skills. •
- Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information. •
- Must be able to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and reach for participation in physical activities. •
- Must be able to work independently. •
- Must possess excellent time management skills. •
- Must be capable of using telephones, computers, printers, and standard office equipment •
- Must be able to provide excellent customer service to patrons. •
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
Duties and Responsibilities•
- Responsible for ensuring a safe environment for all programs. •
- Assist in accepting program registrations. •
- Hold office hours. •
- Responsible for the management of youth sports programs, including creating league game/practices schedules and recruitment/training of volunteers. •
- Responsible for developing new and innovative youth enrichment programs for Buxton residents. •
- Oversee proper use and storage of all program equipment. •
- Purchase program supplies as approved by Recreation Director. •
- Create advertising materials to be used for program and department promotion. •
- Maintain communication with parents, guardians, and program participants. •
- Update department website. •
- Assist in the supervision of department recreation programs.
Workplace Environment •
- Work is performed indoors and outdoors in variable weather conditions and temperatures. •
- Work is performed in a moderate to considerably noisy environment.
The Town of Buxton has a competative employee benefits plan available
Buxton Recreation Department
How to Apply: E-mail, Regular Mail.
The Town of Buxton is an E.O.E.
Accepting applications until the position is filled.
The above statements are intended to describe the general ratio and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities and duties required. This job description may be changed, at any time, at the sole discretion of the Town of Buxton to provide for the changing needs of the community
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds