Municipality: Town of Benton
Position Title: Town Clerk
Work Schedule: This is a full time 40 hour per week position. The Town Clerk works Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, & Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and Thursday 10:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Salary/Wage: Hourly wage based on experience, generally $17.00 per hour. Town Clerk position is offered monthly stipend on top of the hourly wage at $875.
- Medical - Town of Benton participates in the Maine Municipal Employees Health Trust, see https://www.memun.org/Insurance-Services/Maine-Municipal-Employees-Health-Trust. The 2019 Warrant approved by the Town provides an annual benefit of $13,500 to full-time employees who have an option to select a medical plan from the Flexible Choice Option offered through Maine Municipal Association. Other benefits including, dental, vision, paid by Town and short-term disability, may be selected by the employee in a self-pay model.
- Holidays - Twelve (12) paid holidays
- Vacation - Two (2) weeks paid vacation after completion of one year of service.
- Other Paid Leave - Full-time employees will be allowed up to ten (10) sick days per year, and up to three (3) non-cumulative bereavement days per year for immediate family, and one (1) paid bereavement day per year for non-family.
The Town of Benton, Maine (population 2,700) is seeking an energetic and dedicated candidate for the position of town clerk. The town clerk is responsible for local and state elections, vital records, and dog licenses. Other duties include vehicle registrations, sale of hunting and fishing licenses, boat/atv/snowmobile registrations, tax collections, and other various municipal reports and duties.
This position works closely with the Board of Selectmen, and Treasurer. This position will provide administrative support to Board of Selectman meetings held the second Monday of each month and occasionally for special or emergency sessions, in addition to other duties assigned by the Board of Selectman. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated professional who enjoys working with the public, a person who has excellent attention to detail, public presentation, and communication skills.
Please send cover letter, resume, and three (3) references to Benton Town Office- 1279 Clinton Ave. Benton, ME 04901 Atten: Town Clerk Position. Items may be emailed to email@example.com. Review of resumes will commence immediately and will remain open until the position is filled. The Town of Benton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Experience with MOSES (Inland Fisheries and Wildlife) software.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds