Municipality: Town of Benton
Position Title: Deputy Town Clerk/Counter Clerk (Part Time)
Office hours are:
- 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Wednesday and Friday.
- Paperwork hours Monday 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. (office counter closed), counter opens at 12:00.
- 10:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. Thursday
- Half hour lunch daily
- For part time position the hours will be set at time of hire and can be flexible to fit other demands as long as basic Town needs are met.
Salary/Wage: Starting pay is $16.00 per hour based on experience.
- Holidays - Twelve (12) paid holidays
- Vacation - One (1) weeks paid vacation after completion of one year of service.
- Other Paid Leave - Full-time employees will be allowed up to five (5) sick days per year, and up to one and half (1.5) non-cumulative bereavement days per year for immediate family.
The Town of Benton, Maine (population 2,700) is seeking an energetic and dedicated candidate for the position of deputy town clerk / counter clerk. The deputy town clerk is responsible in assisting the town clerk with local and state elections, vital records, dog licenses and serves as the Deputy IFW Agent and Deputy Motor Vehicle Agent. Other duties include tax collections, and other various municipal reports and duties.
This position works closely with the Town Clerk, Board of Selectmen, and Treasurer. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated professional who enjoys working with the public, a person who has excellent attention to detail, public presentation, and communication skills.
Please send cover letter, resume, and three (3) references to Benton Town Office- 1279 Clinton Ave. Benton, ME 04901 Atten: Deputy Clerk Position. Items may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of resumes will commence immediately and will remain open until the position is filled. The Town of Benton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in Municipal government, demonstrating increased responsibility in office administrative position.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with TRIO software or related software
- Experience with MOSES (Inland Fisheries and Wildlife) software.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds