PARKING GARAGE ATTENDANT/CUSTODIAN– FACILITIES DEPARTMENT
Picturesque Cumberland County is the State’s most populous county having a population of 289,977. Its largest city is Portland and the county geographically extends from Casco Bay to the Lakes Region. Cumberland County has the second largest body of water in the state, Sebago Lake, which provides numerous recreational opportunities. The County is the economic and industrial center of the state, having a strong corporate presence of major domestic and international companies. The County has over 350 dedicated employees, all focused on providing the best customer service to the County residents. Cumberland County is represented by five elected county commissioners and the county manager runs the daily operations.
JOB PURPOSE: Responsible for assisting in the day to day operations of the County Parking Garage and parking lots as well as custodial duties at the Registry of Deeds office and/or Courthouse. Provides a positive first and last impression on patrons using the garage. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, performing routine maintenance and repairs, including custodial and snow removal. Work includes staffing during operating hours and will be split between the Parking garage (4 hours) and County Buildings (4 hours). Hours of operation will be flexible to accommodate the changing needs of the County.
- High level of customer service is a key factor to success! Must be attentive to the needs of our daily/monthly/employee clients and have the ability to maintain a highly-positive, outgoing and engaging demeanor. Knowledge of local landmarks and locations is a plus.
- Responds to ALL client inquiries in a professional, accurate manner.
- Maintain a Daily Log summarizing all important events and daily operational issues in Garage.
- Ability to communicate effectively in clear, concise, and timely manner.
- Proficiency with performing daily tasks from a defined “Punch List”
- Conduct daily walk-throughs of garage to identify operational issues and address/communicate them to the supervisor.
- Ensures quality operation of garage automation equipment/system including maintaining adequate stock, loading ticket dispenser, ticket imprinter and entrance.
- Performs light maintenance consisting of but not limited to assisting with, painting, floor surface repair, line striping, drain flushing, snow treatment/removal, removal of oil staining from vehicles and constant review of equipment that supports the garage operation in order to assure quality appearance of the parking garage.
- Performs custodial duties consisting of, but not limited to, sweeping stair towers, cleaning the elevator, power washing or sweeping of garage floors, trash removal and detailing of all areas in order to assure quality appearance of parking garage and surface lots.
- Performs general cleaning and housekeeping within the Deeds and/or Courthouse, including waxingand buffing floors, vacuuming carpets and rugs, cleaning restrooms, emptying trash, dusting and general cleaning of offices and furniture, and refilling restroom supplies.
- Performs light grounds keeping including removing snow and ice from sidewalks, entrances, and exits, cleaning windows, raking leaves, removing sticks and trash, etc. Includes parking garage and surface parking lots,
- Required to be available for snow operations which includes snow blowing, shoveling, applying ice melt or sand as needed, in order to provide safe movement of personnel and the public. Collaborates with the Facilities Department for snow plowing and snow removal.
- Responds to any unusual or emergency circumstances that arise.
- Assists customers by providing information either by telephone or in person regarding directions and parking on a monthly basis.
- Performs similar or related work as required, directed or as the situation dictates.
- Performs duties in a conscientious, SAFE, cooperative, and
in with a “Can Do” attitude.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and/or alone.
- Ability to work cooperatively and productively with co-workers, supervisors, vendors/contractors, and the general public.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Some experience in light building maintenance and repair.
- Basic knowledge of AMANO McGann Parking Equipment (OPUS Series) preferred but not required.
- Basic computer knowledge required. Willingness to learn and understand multiple systems.
- Ability to maintain composure and an enthusiastic personality in a fast-paced environment while attending to competing priorities.
- Ability to perform tasks with little to no supervision
- Service-minded and skilled at interacting with a wide range of people and personalities.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
Cumberland County offers an excellent and comprehensive benefits package and is proud of its talented and dedicated workforce. Come join our team and culture of engaged employees. Our strong management team is dedicated to providing employees with inspiring leadership, a positive and friendly workplace, support, encouragement and the necessary tools for success. We offer tuition reimbursement, wellness program, and professional development and training opportunities.
The position is a 40-hour a week position, with a full benefits package. Pay is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applications accepted until position is filled. For a complete list of responsibilities, or to download an employment application, please visit www.cumberlandcounty.org/Jobs
Interested applicants please submit a cover letter, resume, and Employment Application via mail, fax, or email to:
Human Resource Department
142 Federal Street, Suite 110
Portland, Maine 04101
Cumberland County is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected Veteran status.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds