The Androscoggin Valley Council of Governments (AVCOG) which serves communities located in Androscoggin, Franklin, and Oxford Counties is seeking a Transit Coordinator. This position is located in Auburn and will provide Transit planning services primarily to the Lewiston/Auburn area for the Androscoggin Transportation Resource Center (ATRC). This staff person will also serve as the Transit Coordinator for the Lewiston-Auburn Transit Committee (LATC), overseer of the citylink bus system.
Responsibilities include: oversight of coordination of transit services within the ATRC region; oversight of the citylink operations and maintenance contractor; marketing of the transit system; planning assistance and general staff support to LATC; development of the annual LATC budget; FTA grants administration/management; report writing and presentation; evaluation of area specific transit issues and development of recommended options; assisting with the annual development of the Transportation Improvement Plan, prioritizing projects for Federal Transit Administration (FTA) funds; long range transportation planning and performance monitoring. Extensive use of personal computers, computer databases, and Microsoft applications required. Regular communications with the citylink contractor, municipal staff and officials, MaineDOT staff, FTA staff, and the general public is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in urban or regional planning, public administration, or related field;
- Familiarity with transit system planning/oversight;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to manage concurrent tasks efficiently;
- Ability to manage one's own time and work in a team environment;
- Ability to participate, and lead, meetings – both virtual and in-person, including workday and evening meetings;
- Valid Maine driver’s license and a reliable motor vehicle;
- Detail oriented.
Additional desirable skills/qualifications:
- Familiarity with municipal or regional planning;
- Familiarity with Federal grants management;
- Experience with Federal program compliance
- Website mapping, management, and/or HTML experience;
- Transportation planning grant writing.
AVCOG is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits to include medical insurance, health savings account with company contribution, health reimbursement account with deductible reimbursement; dental and vision insurance; life and voluntary disability insurance; medical and dependent care flexible spending; member of Maine Public Employees Retirement System; paid time off including vacation and sick time, 12 paid holidays; flexible schedule with 37 ½ hour workweek.
Applicants should submit their resume, minimum salary requirements and three professional references to Lisa Bonney at LBonney@avcog.org. The position will remain open until filled.
Androscoggin Valley Council of Governments
Attention: Lisa Bonney
125 Manley Road
Auburn, ME 04210
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds