The Town of Yarmouth has an opening for a full time Deputy Tax Collector/Counter Clerk. This is primarily a clerical position responsible for assisting in the operation of the Office of Tax Collector, including the billing, collection, and recording of payment of property and excise taxes, recording of sewer fees, maintenance of records, and responding to requests for information or service from taxpayers and others. Other duties include registering motor vehicles, boats, trailers, ATVs, snowmobiles and issuing various licenses. This position has considerable interaction, in person, via email and over the phone, with taxpayers and citizens requiring excellent customer service skills. Most duties involve use of computers and various software programs.
- Knowledge of computerized record keeping and modern office equipment
- Ability to organize work and set priorities
- Basic knowledge of accounting practices
- Ability to be responsible for the accuracy, timeliness, and thoroughness of work performed in accordance with legal, procedural and policy guidelines.
- To be able to multitask, be flexible and work with unexpected interruptions
- Ability to exercise discretion, tact, and diplomacy at all times.
- To establish and maintain positive and respectful working relationships with Town Officials, department heads, and employees.
- Ability to remain calm and deal courteously with public, exhibiting exceptional customer service skills.
Training and Experience Required: High School Diploma, municipal accounting and two years of customer service experience and/or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
Hourly Wage based on experience – Range $21-$23/hour
Benefits: Town provides a very competitive benefit package to include health, dental, retirement, life insurance, vacation & sick leave, 13 paid holidays, paid training and professional development.
Apply: Submit resume with cover letter and job application: By mail to Dawn Madden, Finance Director, 200 Main Street, Yarmouth ME 04096. By email to: HR@yarmouth.me.us or By Fax 207-846-2403.
Application & Job Description are available at Town Hall or on-line under employment.
Deadline: Posted until position is filled.
The Town of Yarmouth is an equal opportunity employer
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds