COUNTY OF YORK
COMPUTER SYSTEMS ANALYST
Salary: $60,000 - $75,000
Reports to: Information Technology Manager
This position will assist the County in researching, implementing, and troubleshooting various hardware and software programs and functionality to maintain and improve County technology. This includes installing, deploying, and testing current and future applications and programs utilized by various departments. This individual will assist employees with computer equipment set up, schedule maintenance, and teach employees how to utilize County programs. They will perform additional I.T. related assistance as directed by the I.T. manager.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISE
This position is a non-supervisory position.
Expectations of Employee
- Adheres to County Government Policy and Procedures.
- Performs duties as workload necessitates.
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues.
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position.
- Meets County Government productivity and quality standards.
- Maintains appropriate customer relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responding to calls for service as needed, either by phone, email or in person.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Diagnose and determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by end users.
- Walk the end user through the problem-solving process.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs and ticketing system.
- Follow-up and update ticket status and information.
- Consult with colleagues and department representatives about I.T. needs.
- Research hardware and software technologies to decide if they offer improvements and efficiencies.
- Assist the I.T. Manager and other members of the management team to decide if I.T. systems and infrastructure upgrades make business sense and improve efficiency within the organization.
- Develop new functionality for existing computer systems.
- Select and install new software and hardware systems.
- Work as a liaison between vendors and the receiving departments.
- Oversee new system installation and setup and customize them for departmental needs.
- Train end-users and write instruction manuals as necessary.
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on internal computer procedures.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Attends and participates in all required meetings and training sessions.
- Maintains open and consistent communication with supervisor and colleagues.
- On occasion, may be required to work during non-business hours.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Presentation and project management skills.
- Problem solving / analysis.
- Customer / Client focus.
- Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate well with a broad population including community leaders, staff, and volunteers
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Knowledge of and experience with distributed networking concepts.
- Experience utilizing computer-aided software engineering tools and applications.
- Proven track record developing and supporting efficiency software / applications.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, customers, vendors, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with department leaders and I.T. Manager.
- Provide technical support as needed.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
- Generous vacation/sick time
- Paid holidays
- Healthcare package
- Retirement plan options
Work is mainly performed in the office and involves contact with other employees, department leaders, vendors, and stakeholders. While performing the duties of this job, the individual may be exposed to outside weather conditions. May occasionally work hours outside of typical work schedule and have opportunities for local or domestic travel. The noise level in the office work environment is usually minimal to moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Interested candidates must submit a York County application, resume, and cover letter to Human Resources. This position will remain open until filled by an approved candidate.
- York County applications can be located and downloaded from: www.yorkcountymaine.gov
- Applications/cover letters/resumes can be dropped off or mailed to:
York County Government
Attention: Human Resource Department
45 Kennebunk Road
Alfred, ME 04002
Physical Address: 149 Jordan Springs Road, Alfred, ME 04002
Applications are considered based on ability, competence, and experience. It is a fundamental policy of York County Government not to discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, pregnancy, disability, status as a veteran, disabled veteran, or any other category protected by an applicable federal,
state, or local law.
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of duties,
and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and is not a declaration of
the specific duties and responsibilities of any position. Employees may be assigned job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
York County Government is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds