The City of Presque Isle is currently accepting applications for two (2) open Firefighter/Paramedic positions.
This is an entry level Firefighting position with the City and an outstanding opportunity for a dynamic motivated professional to become a valued member of an innovative, progressive, fire department. Presque Isle Fire Department serves approximately 75 square miles, with a population of roughly 9,800-night time residence increasing to roughly 20,000-day time population, successful candidates’ primary functions will be providing EMS care through 911 responses, fire suppression, airport firefighting, fire prevention, life safety inspection, while working a 24 / 48 shift schedule.
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package, including a 25 year 2/3rd no age retirement plan, wage step increases, employee and family medical health coverage, paid vacation and sick time.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED. College degree from an accredited university preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Firefighter II Preferred.
- Current Maine Paramedic License or be currently enrolled in a Paramedic program with a completion date of 12 months.
- Current EMT or Advanced EMTs will be considered, required to obtain Paramedic License within 24 months.
For your invitation to become a member of this organization, please submit an application along with your resume to the Human Resources Office; 12 Second Street, Presque Isle, ME 04769. Applications can be found online at www.presqueislemaine.gov and will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found.
The City of Presque Isle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds