Human Resources Generalist I/II (Hybrid)
Classification: Full-time, Non-Union position
Open Date: September 28, 2022
Close Date: October 8, 2022
How to apply: Submit a resume or application and three professional references to Human Resources or at www.gpmetro.org/jobs or email HR@gpmetro.org.
Reports to: Director of Human Resources FLSA Classification: Exempt
Department: Human Resources Salary Range HRG I: C2 – $53, 500 – $71,900
Salary Range HRG II: D1 - $59,500 – $79,963
The HR Generalist, I or II position, is a promotional classification and is responsible for supporting the organization in a broad array of human resources functions related to employee benefits, recruiting, onboarding, and employee events while working with the HR director to distribute information and broaden communications to department heads about new procedures, hiring changes or needs, and events for Metro.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Human Resources Generalist I
- Facilitates all aspects of the entire recruitment life-cycle by planning and analyzing the job market, and creating and managing job postings, social media platforms, job boards, internet, intranet postings, and internal job boards.
- Properly screen qualified candidates for submission to hiring managers and make hiring recommendations when necessary. Manage the interview process, follow up with managers and candidates, make offers and close the position by communicating with candidates not selected.
- Prepare or maintain employment records related to all recruitment activities (i.e. position requisitions and applicant tracking and scanning hiring documents into Munis)
- Coordinates, schedules, facilitates, and manages pre-boarding/onboarding of new hires.
- Assist employees with FMLA and STD/LTD paperwork, and provide them with eligibility letters, and follow-up on physical forms, employer statements, and employee statements.
- Perform routine administrative tasks required for human resource programs, including but not limited to payroll forms, benefits change forms, pro-ration of benefits, employment verification forms, unemployment claims, and benefit bill reconciliation.
- Assist employees with questions about benefits.
- Plans, coordinates, and manages employee events such as transit appreciation, annual training, retirement parties, and employee engagements.
- Acts as the ergonomics specialist, training employees, assisting employees with ergonomic needs by completing assessments, ordering ergonomic supplies and equipment, and reporting incidents to the Director Head & HR.
- Ensures compliance with Federal and State regulations, wage & hour requirements, and Leave policies by Federal and State laws.
- May support department directors with personnel and administrative needs as needed.
- Performs all other duties as necessary.
(Human Resources Generalist II) - Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- All the requirements of a Human Resources Generalist I position, plus:
- Manages the workflow for open enrollment benefits, leave of absence, annual training, wellness and recognition programs, and overall team member engagement.
- Ensure compliance with EEOC responses and prepare EEOC and Census reports.
- Administers the drug and alcohol compliance program.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Assist directors or managers in disciplinary meetings, employee disputes, and investigations.
- Committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and anti-racism.
Essential Aptitudes, Skills, and Abilities
- Model a strong work ethic, perseverance, grit, responsibility, and respect.
- Demonstrate a willingness and ability to collaborate, engage, motivate, and communicate with colleagues, employees, and the public.
- Ability to problem-solve and think strategically for the short and long term.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meeting multiple demands, interruptions, and deadlines.
- Supports a positive, collaborative work culture
- Required ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to work on complex tasks, learn quickly, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced environment while still being organized and detail-oriented.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft and Google Office Programs, experience working in Applicant Tracking Systems, preferably Munis.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Possess competent time management skills
Minimum Requirements (Human Resources Generalist I)
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field experience required.·
- At least two years of human resource experience is preferred, and expertise of full-cycle recruiting experience is preferable in the public sector or Transit/transportation industry.
- Knowledge of employment laws, human resources processes, procedures, and documentation. Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the human resource field.
Minimum Requirements (Human Resources Generalist II)
Internal candidates may be promoted from level I to level II once they achieve the minimum requirements for the level II position. External candidates may be hired at level II if they meet the minimum requirements.
- At least five years of Human Resource Generalist with consecutive human resources experience as a generalist or manager.
- Two years working in benefits administration.
Minimum Physical and Work Environment Requirements
- Work in a fast pace office environment with moderate noise and multiple interruptions.
- Ability to operate stand office equipment; computers, phones, calculators, copy Machines.
- Continuous and repetitive arm, hand, and eye movement.
- Ability to sit and stand or work in a stationary position for considerable periods
- May work extended hours.
- Occasional standing, walking, crouching, kneeling, pulling, and pushing.
- Occasional lifting and carrying objects up to 50lbs.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds