The Town of Lisbon is currently seeking a part-time Transfer Station Attendant to perform a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled jobs. This position assists in the operation of the Town's Transfer & Recycling Center by providing guidance to the residents in the proper utilization of the facility and doing related work as required. The successful applicant must be dependable and possess the ability to deal courteously and tactfully with the superiors, co-workers, and the general public.
- General Statement of Duties
Assists in the operation of the Town's Transfer & Recycling Center by providing guidance to the residents in the proper utilization of the facility and does related work as required.
- Distinguishing Features of This Class
Employee of this class assists in all facets of the Transfer & Recycling Center. He/she performs a variety of jobs unskilled and semi-skilled nature, receives general direction in work assignments from the Director or his/her designee.
- Examples of Work (illustrative only and not all inclusive)
- Assists the Public in disposing of refuse.
- Operates compactor; insures proper sanitary conditions exist by sweeping and mopping the floors.
- Conducts himself with the Public in a positive and courteous manner.
- When necessary disposes refuse in compactor.
- Responsible for good housekeeping practices for the interior and exterior of the building and surrounding grounds.
- Desired knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge in Solid Waste and sanitary practices.
- Considerable knowledge in the operation of compacting equipment.
- Ability to deal courteously and tactfully with the Public.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work long hours in adverse weather and under adverse working conditions.
- Ability to work well with others and to maintain an effective working relationship with superiors, co-workers, Town officials and the general public.
- Must be dependable and reliable.
- Acceptable Experience and Training
High school diploma or its equivalent
This position works a varying schedule, up to 20 hours per week. Part-time is at least for Friday and Saturday and one other day in the two weeks.
Our operation hours are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday 7:00 - 4:15 Thursday 6:00 - 12:15, Saturday 6:45-3:15
Full job descriptions and applications can be found at https://www.lisbonme.org/home/pages/jobs.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and employment application to: HR@lisbonme.org
The Town of Lisbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds