York County Government
District Attorney’s Office
Legal Secretary – District Court
Position: Legal Secretary – District Court
Status: Full Time
FLSA: Hourly $16.51 - $18.40 / MSEA Union-Grade 5
Reports to: District Attorney or Designee
Purpose of the Position
This full-time Legal Secretary position will assist the District Attorney and staff with the efficient and accurate processing of all District Court documentation and processing.
Works under the general supervisor of the District Attorney and his/her designee who provides guidance on technical matters, and who reviews completed work assignments for conformance with established rules, regulations, and state laws.
Responsibilities and Examples of Duties
- Pull files and prepare for daily 8:30 criminal court list
- Disposition of files from 8:30 criminal court list
- Typing of dispositional paperwork to include but not limited to, complaints, information, filings and dismissals.
- Follow up and review of cases that are filings, deferred sentencing and administrative releases
- Filing all paperwork for ADA’s and most support staff including motions and correspondence
- Managing files in storage including locating files for staff and disposal of outdated files
- Data entry as needed for Justware
- Typing dispositions for District and Superior Court as needed
- Covering switchboard as needed
- Backup for District Court Bail Reviews, mail, protections, continuances, etc. as needed
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time by supervisory personnel.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Good customer service skills.
- Professional and courteous demeanor.
- Valid Driver’s License.
The physical demands described here are representative of that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time; walk; use hands to type for in a repetitive motion; and reach with hands and arms. As well as on occasion lift 25 pounds or more.
Expected Hours of Work
A normal work schedule is required based on the needs of the office. Overtime and evening hours are limited.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Applications for this position can be picked up at the York County Management building located at
149 Jordan Springs Road, Alfred, Maine or on the County of York website:
All Applications and Resumes should be submitted to:
York County Human Resources
Attn: Linda Corliss
45 Kennebunk Road
Alfred, ME 04002
Closing Date: Will remain open until all positions filled
York County Government is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
<< Return to Job Bank & Classifieds