Location: Black Bear Inn, 4 Godfrey Drive, Orono, ME 04473
Time: Registration: 8:30 am to 9:00 am | Class: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Cost: MTCCA Members: $60 | Non-Members: $80
Instructors: Patti Dubois, Clerk, City of Waterville; Julie Flynn, Office of the Secretary of State
This workshop is a review of duties and responsibilities of the municipal Registrar of Voters and reviews and outlines their tasks before, during and after Election Day.
TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED INCLUDE:
• Voter Registration Officials and their applicable duties and responsibilities
• Working with the State Central Voter Registration (CVR) system, allowing public access to the information
• Determining Voter eligibility
• Managing and printing Voter Lists, records and reports
• Administering Voter registration
• Certifying petitions and other related registration requirements
• Qualifications of a Voter
Each participant is to bring a copy of the “Voter Registration and Elections Manual” and the “CVR User Guide,” (latest revised edition). If you do not have one, contact the Elections Division at 624-7650 or email@example.com.
This program is an optional course for the Maine Town & City Clerks’ Association Certification Program. Participants must be present for the full day to receive a certificate of completion for the course.