Location: Clarion Hotel, 1230 Congress St, Portland, ME 04102
Time: Registration: 8:30-9:00 am / Workshop: 9:00am-4:00 pm
Cost: MMA Member: $85; Non-Member: $170
Presenters: Nancy Ansheles, M.Ed., Owner of Catalyst & Co.
We’ve Got to Stop Meeting Like This: How to Lead Effective Meetings
This workshop is designed to help everyone, from municipal staff leaders to elected officials, prepare for, run and conclude effective meetings. It will advise attendees on the best ways to deal with complicated subjects, troublesome interrupters – and more.
During this workshop, you will:
- Connect and collaborate with other municipal employees.
- Identify the challenges and benefits of meetings.
- Observe, identify and practice a four-step meeting format to enhance meeting success.
- Observe, identify, and practice facilitation skills including encouraging participation, focusing discussions, managing time, expanding ideas, and handling challenging participants.
- Write and commit to an action plan to apply the skills on the job.
Please note: this training will not provide legal advice or address the legal requirements of running public meetings using parliamentary procedures.
Cancellations for In-Person Workshops/Conferences:
Cancellation notification must be given in writing at least 3 business days before the session begins. Any cancellation received within that 3 day window will be charged the full registration fee. All cancellations are subject to a $10 administrative fee for processing. Please go to http://www.memun.org/TrainingResources/WorkshopsTraining/Cancellations.aspx to cancel. If you have any questions please contact the Educational Services Office at (800) 452-8786 or (207) 623-8428.